Love Wine but are Intimidated? Want an Enjoyable Wine Education?
You are not alone. You have come to the place where you can get a wine education that is useful, practical, and fun. There are many wine fans who are too scared to order a bottle at a restaurant, or who hyperventilate at the sound of the word sommelier! Wine for beginners is the topic here, so please join us.
The subject of wine seems to have an interesting effect on normally levelheaded people. On the one hand, we love it. We love the taste. We love what it does to a meal. We love to savor it on a balmy summer evening (or any time of the year, for that matter). On the other hand; the moment we are in public, we feel like we must take, and pass with flying colors, the toughest exam since leaving school.
There is no question that when it comes to this subject, it is easy to feel anxious. The sheer variety of grapes, wine names, production methods, and wine regions is enough to intimidate anyone.
Add to this the attitude that so many have toward it; those who treat it as if it were a substance reserved for members of an exclusive club, rather than the delicious liquid that it is, and that is readily available to you and me.
Drinking this ancient beverage should lead to joy, not torment. And a way to enhance our pleasure, and reduce our anxiety, is by learning more about this lovely brew.
Welcome to one place that will make your experience enjoyable, not scary. Here you will find a wine education that minimizes the snob factor and increases delight.
The simple truth is that the wine you like is a good one; you’ll just learn the reason why. Together we will conquer the myths, and endeavor to keep wine simple.
This site is for you, regardless of your level of knowledge. So relax, pour a glass of your favorite variety, and discover!
- Keep Wine Simple Blog
- Keep Wine Simple Blog will keep you up to date with all the additions and changes to the keepwinesimple.com web site. Subscribe here.
- Wine Club
- Think of this site as your own personal wine club. Here you find information, wine recommendations, discussion, ideas about wine and food pairing, all things wine.
- Wine News
- Want to know what's going on in the wine world. Here is where you get your wine news.
- Wine Recommendations
- Wine recommendations. Wines that offer great value for your money.
- Wine Terms from A to B
- Curious or confused about so many wine terms? Find a definition for words and terms related to the wine industry. In this page you will find terms from A to B.
- Wine for Beginners
- Wine for beginners. The more you know about wine, the better the experience.
- Wine Facts
- Wine facts and basic information about how wine is made
- Wine Education
- Through wine education we can reach levels of understanding that will enhance our enjoyment.
- Wine Grapes
- Wine grapes are the key because they determine the final result.
- Types of Wine
- There are many different types of wine. Learn theri characteristics and clasifications
- How to Buy Wine
- Read about how to buy wine. Buying wine can be intimidating. With so many choices, it is easy to get confused. Fear not, learn how to navigate a wine shop or online store.
- Wine Related Gifts
- Best wine related gift ideas. You already know that are a huge number of wine related gifts available. Now you just have to find one that the wine lover on your list will adore. In addition to corksc
- Wines of the World
- Wines of the World; traditional wine producing countries, as well as new players.
- Food and Wine Pairing
- Food and wine pairing should be an exploration, not an unbreakable rule.
- Wine Tasting
- Wine tasting. No, taking a sip and swallowing is not quite it. Wine tasting involves paying close attention to the flavors and aroma.
- Cooking with Wine
- Cooking with wine dos and don'ts. Follow tthese tips for great results.
- Culinary Schools
- Ah, the romance of culinary schools! Who can forget Audrey Hepburn trying to make a souffle in the 1950's movie Sabrina! Nowadays cooking is much more than getting nourishment for our bodies, it mus
- Making Wine
- Making wine, the magic of turning plain juice into a delicious beverage.
- Home Made Wine
- Do you dream of making home made wine? Maybe you want to take the first step to becoming a professional winemaker. Or perhaps you just want a satisfying hobby. If you need basic information about h
- Health Benefits of Wine
- For many years scientists have been studying the health benefits of wine. Some experts believe that it is the substance resveratrol that make all the difference, other believe that it is wine itself,
- Wine Country Travel
- Wine is not just a drink, it's a state of mind. A place where we can go, figuratively and literally. One way to absorb the culture of wine is by exploring wine country travel. There are so many pla
- California Wine Country
- California seems like a magical place where anything is possible, and the California wine country lives up to those ideals.
- Oregon Wine Country
- The Oregon Wine Country is a friendly and relaxed area. A perfect place for a wine vacation. Oregon is a relative newcomer when it comes to wine, but it is quickly making up for its relatively late
- Washington Wine Country
- Washington Wine Country is not the cloudy, rainy place that we associate with the Pacific Northwest. Yes, there are some cool areas, mostly coastal vineyards near Puget Sound, but there are also warm
- New York Wine Country
- New York Wine Country has a long wine tradition. Grapes have been planted in the state since 1699, but for the most part the grapes being planted, and used for wine, were native grapes such as Concor
- Best Wine Recommendations
- Is your Cab bettern than my Cab? Have you found a great wine and want to tell the world about it? Give us your best wine recommendations, we all want to know.
- Tell Us A Wine Story
- Do you have a wine story to share with us? Whether it is a funny story, or a great memory; we want to know about it.
- My Favorite Wine
- Have you found a jewel of a wine? Tell us about your favorite wine, and why it became your favorite. Aside from the great flavor, and perhaps the great price; does it remind you of a special moment?
- Share This Site
- Share this site with friends and family so that they can enjoy learning about wine.
- Contact Us
- This site is dedicated to the idea that wine educations should be simple and fun. Please contact us with comments and suggestions, we love to hear from you.
- Compensation Disclosure
- Compensation disclosure for KeepWineSimple.com
- Contribute to Wine Education
- Would you like to share your knowledge about wine education? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.